fot

Re: [Fot] Mosport

To: "'Mike Moore'" <mmoore@wave1.net>, "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Mosport
From: "Spitfire Racing" <Spitfire_Racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:59:33 -0400
Mike, you're welcome. It's a pleasure having you in the group. I imagine
that grin you had through the weekend is still going strong and, as I
mentioned, you're probably hooked for years to come. I remember Mark and
Henry's reaction when I first convinced them to come up there - pretty much
the same as yours. That track is absolutely the best kept secret in North
America. With the Triumph-MG Challenge next year there it will be better
yet.
The first time Donny Sopp and I went there, Triumphs were a novelty even
though a TR-3 was the winner of the first race held there. I already have
commitments from a number of folks for next year. Many remember running it
back in 2002 when the K-Cup was there and were just waiting for an excuse to
make the trek again. Hopefully we can get some of the southern TR-3s up
again. I know there will be a number of other TR-4s headed up to it. With
the easy border crossing it's no different than going to any other track in
the US.

NEXT YEAR: The Triumph-MG Challenge

I've been working with Bob Deshayne of VARAC on the planning of next year's
event and I am pleased to hear it will be covered by Classic Motorsport
Magazine and also the Toronto Star, Canada's largest newspaper. The coverage
by Classic Motorsport will be extensive and in the first person as Tim
Suddard has indicated he will be participating with his own TR-3 in the
event. This event will also have heavy VTR club involvement from both sides
of the border.
More news as we get it together.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49