fot

Re: [Fot] Curious Air Fuel Ratio numbers

To: Jim Gray <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Curious Air Fuel Ratio numbers
From: Jack Mc <LimeyV8@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 01:11:43 -0400
Cc: Triumph Friends of <fot@autox.team.net>
Yes, I've seen the mixture "go lean" after throttle lift - it's
counter-intuitive, but it happens when, even though the amount of unburned
fuel goes up, the amount of oxygen not reduced by combustion goes up even more
- so the mixture ratio indicates lean.

I (along with a more experienced business partner) opened a Dyno shop almost a
year ago - one of the first things I learned was not to be misled by this
phenomenon.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad