fot

Re: [Fot] New book finally

To: "Vince G" <vangoughv@hotmail.com>,fot-bounces@autox.team.net,"Kas Kastner" <kaskastner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] New book finally
From: jason@multivintage.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:43:20 +0000
Cc: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Vince,
Collect every bit of data you can and record even the most banal measurements
and details.. I've been studying these things for decades. I still use the red
binder workshop manual as a first go to guide almost always to get my start for
any maintenance or assembly, Then I dissect my own project or concept and see
how it is different and record all the parameters of data. Then I compare my
set ups, to (other GT6 race cars) that I know are capable of performance. In my
opinion the most critical modifications to a GT6 race car are contained in Kas'
simple early yellow booklet. Which is, likely, updated in this new book.

Bar none though, the best info you can have is your own tested parameters. That
way you can always have a working point, of that particular set-up to go back
to.

Read all the books. Own all the books. And Look at ALL the GT6's that race. And
remember, one of the most important things in racing which holds true to the
main task. To finish first, you must first finish. Develop the car to be
strong, speed can only be gotten from a solid foundation that can take the
punishment. From what I have seen in your build documentary posts elsewhere,
you are off to a fine start. Keep up the great work! Don't hesitate to ask any
specific questions.
I admire your ambitious work thus far, and hope you are still planning on
making it to RA for The Kastner Cup; as it looks this will, by far, be your
greatest chance to collect All THE Data you need!
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
GT6 race car nut head