fot

Re: [Fot] New book finally

To: "jason@multivintage.com" <jason@multivintage.com> FILETIME=[8C99A9E0:01CE7131]
Subject: Re: [Fot] New book finally
From: Vince G <vangoughv@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:21:22 -0400
Cc: "fot-bounces@autox.team.net" <fot-bounces@autox.team.net>, fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Thanks Jason for your good advice and encouraging words.

I still plan to make Kastner Cup along with a pack of other Canucks :).

See you in September!

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-06-24, at 10:43 AM, jason@multivintage.com wrote:

> Vince,
> Collect every bit of data you can and record even the most banal
measurements and details.. I've been studying these things for decades. I
still use the red binder workshop manual as a first go to guide almost always
to get my start for any maintenance or assembly, Then I dissect my own project
or concept and see how it is different and record all the parameters of data.
Then I compare my set ups, to (other GT6 race cars) that I know are capable of
performance. In my opinion the most critical modifications to a GT6 race car
are contained in Kas' simple early yellow booklet. Which is, likely, updated
in this new book.

> Bar none though, the best info you can have is your own tested parameters.
That way you can always have a working point, of that particular set-up to go
back to.

> Read all the books. Own all the books. And Look at ALL the GT6's that race.
And remember, one of the most important things in racing which holds true to
the main task. To finish first, you must first finish. Develop the car to be
strong, speed can only be gotten from a solid foundation that can take the
punishment. From what I have seen in your build documentary posts elsewhere,
you are off to a fine start. Keep up the great work! Don't hesitate to ask any
specific questions.
> I admire your ambitious work thus far, and hope you are still planning on
making it to RA for The Kastner Cup; as it looks this will, by far, be your
greatest chance to collect All THE Data you need!