fot

Re: [Fot] Triumphs are still relevant, even today

To: "'Bobby Whitehead'" <igofaster@att.net>, "'FoT Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumphs are still relevant, even today
From: "Robert MacKenzie" <list@mackenzie.aero>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:35:44 -0500
Winning "The Spirit of Chump" was a great achievement but we could not have
accomplished it without the true team effort that got us there.   Thanks
have to go out to all the drivers but special mention to  Betina & Dave
Foreman for putting it all together.

The car ran perfectly on Saturday.  Never dropped any oil, overheated or as
much as mis-fired.  We never opened the hood.  When we did it was only down
a quart and a half on oil.

The handing was very predictable; it just did not want to turn or stop.  I
spun twice as most of the others did.

Sunday it was another car on the new Toyos.   We could go much faster into
and through the turns; and this was out downfall as it turns out.

When I got into the car (driver #3) we realized the battery had gone dead
and it would not crank.  After a push-start I did a slow lap and the car
seemed fine.
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MLpz2GAkKWk]
When I got out 45 min later I noticed that a front left wheel nut was
missing. Closer inspection showed that the stud had sheared off flush at the
hub.  After a quick discussion we let Bobby go "to see what would happen".
Two laps later the wheel fell off.
That was my call and it was the wrong one.  Again: Bobby I am sorry.

After our epic failure we had an epic fix and made the last hour of the race
to a standing ovation from the other teams.  It was great.

On that note: does anybody have a part number for 1/2 diameter, long style
wheel studs for the TR6?

Oh and Bobby...it is pronounced My-Atta.....

Robert MacKenzie