fot

Re: [Fot] Shocks

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Shocks
From: George Harmuth <harmug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 11:19:12 -0400 ZX853FP2HF5|February, 2013) at 08/20/2013 11:19:19
I had a SPAX shock break like that and didn't notice it during the entire
weekend at the K-Cup at the Glen a few years ago. I had let my crew drive
the car during a track day the week before at Pocono and there was some off
road action that I'm sure was the cause. It wasn't visible until I jacked
the car way up, a week after the Glen, to bleed the brakes. The plastic
boot was keeping the shock centered in the tower so I had compression but
no rebound dampening, the gas in the shock must have kept the shock
extended. The car actually ran well, I got the hard charger award from
Optimum batterys for passing the most cars during the race.

mike

G. Michael Harmuth
Software Engineer
fot@autox.team.net