fot

Re: [Fot] Video from Charlotte

To: sherry robyn <sherryjimmy6116@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Video from Charlotte
From: Jack Mc <LimeyV8@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:27:01 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Wow - what have I missed?  I haven't noticed F1 spending ANY time trying to
convince American fans of ANYTHING

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 22, 2013, at 2:38 AM, sherry robyn <sherryjimmy6116@att.net> wrote:

> I really wasn't knocking this particular event in Charlotte.  I have just
seen this trend coming for a while now and just got through watching the last
Grand Am event on TV that was held in Kansas at an oval track using the
infield.  I believe that the folks that run the race series are saying that
they need to go where the fans are and where the money is.  On top of that,
Formula One spends its whole time trying to convince American motorsports fans
that Formula One is not boring.  If the fan base is that fickle, then let them
go watch NASCAR.  Jim

<fot@autox.team.net>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:19 PM
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Video from Charlotte
>
> Ah...you realize this was an SCCA event, right? There were NO paying
spectators. SCCA events are all about what the racers want to race - it has
nothing whatever to do with spectators - and you would have been hard pressed
to find a single real NASCAR fan all weekend

> Still, I lament the field composition as much as you do. There were only 2 E
Prod cars in the field - 40 years ago, most of the cars might have been
British - Far less these days.

> Cheers,
> Jack Mc
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Aug 21, 2013, at 9:16 PM, sherry robyn <sherryjimmy6116@att.net> wrote:
>
> > Nice video but I hate the current trend of sports car racing in the USA.
It's