fot

[Fot] In-car video posted

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] In-car video posted
From: John Frymark <jfrymark@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:27:57 -0500
Well getting my in-car video posted to YouTube was much harder than getting my
carburetion sorted out at Road America. Of course, there I had Kas and his
spark plug "eye" to put me right! Thank you Kas, and thank you Tony Drews for
taking the time to dig up the jets I needed. Like others have posted, Tony is a
class act and flies the FoT banner very well. I would have raced in the rain
too, but my conscience (wife, Tami) convinced me that Sunday's Cup race was the
prize and 30 years in LA probably didn't help my wet driving skills any, but
Tony looked smooth and fast out there.

Great to see old friends I have missed since moving to TX, and great to see
old/meet new FoT friends. Christian, you must be getting a big head so I won't
mention your name. (That will send him to the Google translator!) I came away
from the weekend very encouraged by the "young blood" in attendance: the Mike
M's, Jason, Texas Dusty, etc. means there will be Triumphs raced into the
future and that's COOL!

Joe Alexander did a heroic job of making this Cup memorable for a lifetime. Kas
and Peggy were gracious and fun to be with (more fun with gin present). To all
the other FoT that contributed to this get together...Thank you!!  The Cup
comes to Dallas next year and I look forward to helping host the FoT to a
wonderful time! You gotta come, y'all!

As to my race, I moved up from 31st on the grid to finish 16th. I just couldn't
hold back the extra HP of 6 cylinders or the weight advantage of Bill Hart's
Devin. But I made my goal of lapping under 3 minutes and even dropped to a 2:56
in the Feature Race. What a track!!!

Next year in Texas!

John Frymark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KtA4mxrjQ4