fot

Re: [Fot] Hans Device

To: "Van Mulders Marcel" <van.mulders.marcel@telenet.be>, "'John Hasty'" <jhhasty@gdhs.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hans Device
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:18:03 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
When I work grid, that's an item I often check. I find about half the
drivers forget to pull the pin, and for some it is difficult for them to
remove when belted in (too tight, bad angle, clumsy with gloves on, etc),
nicely illustrating the importance of having it out beforehand. And yes, as
a driver I've forgotten too, even with red flags on them.

Most are appreciative. Of course, there's a couple who get mad at me. It's
part of their "routine," they say, to pull it as they depart the grid (and
when I watch, they don't).

--Rocky