fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 Prices

To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 Prices
From: Duncan Charlton <duncan.charlton54@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 19:26:37 -0600
Curious... I hadn't heard that inadequate cooling was the reason for going to
the "dollar grin" of the later TR3s.  The small-mouth TR3s don't rely on
cardboard to duct air to the radiator, so I would have thought the earlier
all-metal design would work well for longer, especially in wet climates.  Our
1956 TR3 (one of the few drum-braked TR3s, TS 9858-L-O) never overheated here
in Texas no matter what I did.  I sure liked that car. It ended up in
Connecticut in the mid-1980s.

Duncan

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com