fot

Re: [Fot] Reproduction Steering Racks - INFO NEEDED

To: "tr4.tony@virgin.net" <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Reproduction Steering Racks - INFO NEEDED
From: Chuck WATSON <clw2000@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 12:40:57 -0500
Cc: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
FOT -

I bought my rack from Moss Europe and I have contacted them about the issue.
They are interested in hearing about the problems encountered as they
determine the appropriate action.  I would encourage those of you with
first-hand info to contact Jeff Marks at  jmarks@moss-europe.co.uk even if
your rack was purchased from Moss USA.  Hopefully this will get all of us a
good resolution.

Thanks,

Chuck Watson

> Subject: Re: [Fot] Reproduction Steering Racks
> From: tr4.tony@virgin.net
> Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 09:20:37 +0000
> CC: clw2000@msn.com; fot@autox.team.net
> To: tony@tonydrews.com
>
> Hi Tony
>
> I'm afraid I'd be very doubtful of it personally, although clearly I have no
knowledge of what exactly you have-  you need to check it carefully. The
issues are;

> The tube pulls out if the pinion housing
> The pinion nut falls off
> The threads on the track rod ends aren't always machined properly
>
> I suggest you check with MOSS - I learned yesterday that MOSS Europe have
'frozen' sales of racks in the UK - I'm not sure what that means exactly, but
they have agreed to meet with me to discuss my problem at least.

> Meanwhile I'm using a modified rack before the Titan parts arrive - I will
not countenance a rack as supplied by MOSS for fear of our and others safety.

> Regards
>
> Tony
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 8 Nov 2013, at 19:08, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:
> >
> > FYI - I've got a Moss Quick Rack that I was planning to install this
winter - says "Made in Argentina" clearly on the sticker on it.  Guess I'll
stick with the old stock one that's in the TR4.