fot

[Fot] re Light pressure plates?

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] re Light pressure plates?
From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 07:18:35 +1000
we use a Tilton twin plate in out 2500 saloon racer. we just bought a
$200 ex nascar one off ebay and riveted different splines into the
plates--dead easy. i custom made the alloy flywheel to suit

i have  Sachs alloy pressure plates  in 2 of my Toyota race cars. they
could easily be adapted to a triumph, BUT you need a custom flywheel
because the linings on all these race clutches falls over the edge of
the 'big" hole that is in the centre of a TR flywheel

Sachs used to make a wide range of alloy racing pressure plates. In
nearly every case, they are on-off clutches, with little modulation
possible

Terry OBeirne
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com