fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 race motor loosing water

To: "Geoff Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>, "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 race motor loosing water
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 08:41:55 -0600
Here's a few ideas (that you may have covered already):
1. The radiator cap isn't the "deep neck" one needed for the stock
radiator and the bottom sprung piece isn't sealing.
2. The overflow tank is plumbed so that it won't pull water back into
the radiator from that tank (ie the hose goes in the top and doesn't
reach down into the catch tank very far)
3. You have a minor head gasket leak or cracked head

I've seen problem #1 (standard radiator cap used rather than "long
neck" one) cause that kind of issue a couple of times.

Cheers, Tony Drews