fot

Re: [Fot] Stuck clutch plate

To: "'christopher bock'" <SeaCubeCo@aol.com>, "'EDWARD BARNARD'" <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Stuck clutch plate
From: "Paul MacDonald" <macdonaldp@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:18:54 -0500
Cc: 'FOT' <fot@autox.team.net>
Put it in a higher gear and rock it

-----Original Message-----
From: fot-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:fot-bounces@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of christopher bock
Sent: December 17, 2013 8:55 AM
To: EDWARD BARNARD
Cc: FOT

I had that problem years ago and I was told to put the car on jack stands
(bad idea come to think of it), put it in gear, start it, rev to around
1500-2000, press clutch in, slam on breaks.  It worked for me then.

Sincerely,
Chris Bock
SeaCubeCo.com
609-319-4322

On Dec 17, 2013, at 7:36 AM, EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
wrote:

> Group:
> I need the vast knowledge of our group to save me some time.
> I have a
> customer car that has sat for many years (5-6) and I'm trying to get
> it driving. The clutch hydraulics have been rebuilt, and everything
> moves as
it
> should. I have about 3/4" pushrod travel at the tranny cross shaft,
> but car won't come out of gear. It feels like the P/P is being depressed
enough.
After
> sleeping on it (yes, I know, only a sick person lays in bed thinking
> about
> this) I believe the plate is stuck to the flywheel. I've seen it in
> another car not that long ago but I was doing the clutch anyway, so I
> had
everything
> out. I'd prefer to not pull everything to get to this unit.
> Any suggestions
> on a way to "jar" the plate loose? I tried just once yesterday
> starting the car in 1st and driving it hoping it would pop loose, but
> stopped after a
few