fot

[Fot] Battery advice

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Battery advice
From: SpiwakD@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 10:25:01 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: SpiwakD
I like my battery in a plastic box, especially if using a battery that is
not sealed. Batteries can explode under severe conditions and the box will
help  contain the acid. In a bad crash, your battery may tear loose from it's
mount  and the box will help keep the terminals from hitting metal. Use a
steel strap  to hold the battery down in the box, then cut the box lid to fit
over the metal  strap. I use a nylon strap to hold the lid in place. The
cut lid gives good air  circulation. My battery sits on the cockpit floor next
to me and I want to be  protected from it.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive