fot

Re: [Fot] Battery advice

To: <SpiwakD@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Battery advice
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 16:52:37 -0600
When I did mine, I figured out I could put the battery in the plastic box
(marine case), then install the steel strap so it anchored outside the case.
Saves having to cut holes in the case. (Do you want that leaky battery to
leak OUT?) Then the case lid went over the strap (no cutting), and I use a
standard passenger-car seatbelt to hold the lid down. I also came up with
another trick -- I put a small turnbuckle between the strap and the floor
anchor to tighten down the strap.

In my Spitfire it sits on the shelf behind the seat, passenger side. Easy
access.

--Rocky