fot

Re: [Fot] Master Cylinder Advice Needed GT6 / TR6

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Master Cylinder Advice Needed GT6 / TR6
From: Chuck WATSON <clw2000@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:11:43 -0400
Cc: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Thanks for the advice guys.  Looking forward to joining you on the track.

Thanks,
Chuck Watson

From: sjanzen@me.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:41:08 -0400
CC: fot@autox.team.net; jason@multivintage.com
To: clw2000@msn.com

I was using the same thing - recently switched the brake cylinders to the
compact Tilton units (75 series).  They fit in the same bulkhead space as the
girlings.  I checked with Tilton about mounting the reservoirs at an angle and
they said no problem - even at the mounting angle, the plastic reservoirs hold
about twice as much as the Girlings do.I also went to a 0.70" bore for the
front brake circuit - a little harder pedal feel, and the larger master moves
more fluid volume as is required for the front disc calipers vs the rear
drums.
On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:30 AM, jason@multivintage.com wrote:With the tilton
balance bar set up you have, two regular Girling 8515 masters with the bar
between; and the same Girling master for the clutch. Works very well and
allows all the brakes you need.
The original stock brake setup with a set of p16 calipers and a good set of
race pads and always fresh LMA fluid is a fine race brake kit that will allow
you to out brake just about anyone out there.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing