fot

Re: [Fot] Caliper Rebuild

To: edwardbarnard@prodigy.net, mmoore@mtmcpafirm.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Caliper Rebuild
From: fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:06:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
To: Michael Moore <mmoore@mtmcpafirm.com>; fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wed,
Aug 27, 2014 9:39 am

Yes, they can be
rebuilt. The "O" rings are available from Moss for a small
amount...pick-up a
few. They are a weird, square cross sectional ring. The
reason Moss and the
shop manual says they shouldn't be opened is because there
doesn't appear to
be any recorded torque for the four bolts. Use good practice
in torqueing
these...I don't remember what diameter they are but torque them
to the
appropriate spec for that diameter bolt.
-Ed-

On Wednesday, August
27,