fot

Re: [Fot] Caliper Rebuild

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>, Michael Moore <mmoore@mtmcpafirm.com>, EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Caliper Rebuild
From: <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:22:31 +0000
I always split them and yes the seals are available.  It is so much easier to
get them clean this way. I end up rebuilding rusty old cores and I am always
chasing threads and media blasting the calipers. I wouldn't trust air alone to
remove all that crud without splitting them.

BPNW used to sell nitrided pucks and they are a lot cheaper then the SS
versions. In the few years of use I have found them to work fine and resist
rust. Then again I bleed the brakes a lot so the moisture isn't there.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com