fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 clutch

To: David Kettler <dkettler1@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 clutch
From: Paul Ricco <paulricco@att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:25:24 -0500
Cc: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Dave, SCCA wrote an article in November of 2013 about clutch manufacturers.
It was helpful to me.  We own 2 Tilton race clutch packages, but I wanted
something to work with a flywheel and crank that were not the best fit for a
Tilton.  I spoke with several companies and ordered from SPEC CLUTCH.  Spec
makes everything in house and in the US.  They do not modify stock components.
They have 6-7 offerings ranging from street, race, rally, etc.  They can build
sprung, unsprung, puck, etc.  They are very helpful and know about Triumphs,
because they already support several Triumph owners.  The products that showed
up appear to be very well made and came in 4 days from ordering.  They will
help you on the phone with a configuration for your needs.
www.specclutch.com.  Good Luck, Paul Ricco

On Oct 20, 2014, at 12:31 PM, David Kettler <dkettler1@charter.net> wrote:

> I have a friend who does Auto X in his TR3.  He is looking for a clutch
assembly that is less prone to slipping than the stock setup.  He has also
broken the hardened pins holding the clutch fork to the shaft.