fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 clutch

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 clutch
From: Jack Brooks <JIBrooks@Live.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:19:30 -0700
I've been very happy AutoX'ing the Clutchmasters TR4a-6 clutch kit on a 21
lb modified late flywheel.  I crossdrilled the TO Bearing fork on the
crosshaft and also seem to recall that the part the TO Bearing rides on
needed to be shortened slightly.  I'll bet I can find that new dimension if
needed.

If you are concerned about slippage you can use the SAAB 9000 Turbo pressure
plate.  It's a match for the TR4a-6 part and I believe it's a bit stronger
than the clutchmaster setup I used.

Jack