fot

Re: [Fot] Rear Main Oil Seal Options

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear Main Oil Seal Options
From: Yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:15:10 -0500
My first attempt with the split seal leaked a bit, then Ken Gillanders advised
to use grease, not RTV in the housing groove that the seal rides in. Never had
another issue. Heck, I have even reused the seal over a couple of rebuilds.

I really like Glen's idea of checking for leaks on the bench, I will be doing
that on future TRactor engines I build. Because the puddle of oil under the
engine stand is not big enough now...

Henry

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com