fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 side diff seals

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 side diff seals
From: Glenn Franco via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:52:45 -0500
I have the National Part Number for the Pinion Seal but its in the shop.
I will have to retrieve it and send it on to you. Napa can cross reference.

As far as the side seals, I have only used the ones from the big 3. I
avoid these whenever I can as I have bent pullers, and hubs trying to
get these off. We have  tried heat, impacts and no luck.

The only success I have had is with a bearing splitter and a 50 ton
press. You get a loud boom when they come apart. I generally use a
cushion, like a full trash can, below the press to catch the flying parts.

If anyone has a easier way to get these off please advise.

Glenn