fot

Re: [Fot] Leaky Pinion seal

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>, Chip Collingwood <chip@theukmotorsports.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Leaky Pinion seal
From: <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 16:18:30 +0000
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Diff's can build pressure if the little cotter pin is clogged and force oil
past the seals. I try to buy the best seals I can because the cheap rubber
parts placed in bags by our suppliers seem to be crap. Speedie Sleeves aren't
big enough to cover the whole surface so locating them is a high priority. I
have never installed one where the surface was so poor that
I has to use sealant below the sleeve. I have used Permatex No2, the semi-hard
stuff on the splines in an attempt to seal the splines but I still get oil
under the washers that drips out when I separate axles and drive shafts.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com