fot

[Fot] TR/MG challenge at Mosport

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR/MG challenge at Mosport
From: Yellow04 <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:58:49 -0400
So last year the Canadian MGB's took 1-2-3 in the Challenge Race at Mosport
after a certain famous TR6 had an engine failure. This year our numbers didn't
quite get us our own Challenge Race, but VARAC called it "a race within a
race", which I guess actually spanned three groups.

The faithful will be happy to know the fastest lap turned by the marques was
done in a Canadian TR8, and an MG did not finish in front of a Triumph in the
hotly contested VH3-VH7 race group all weekend. That group ran the TR3-TR250 vs
MGA-MGB.

Congrats to Jeff Snook for turning a blistering 1:43.8 in his TR3A, that's
truly amazing. Way to go Glen and Terry for building and maintaining a very
fast and pretty car. Jeff paddocked with us, Mark and I have never had so much
action under our tent. Thankfully everybody was looking at a pretty white TR3!

VARAC is committed to continue with the TR/MG Challenge Race, this year our
numbers were a little off from attrition being so close to the Jefferson
500/Kastner Cup weekend. Mark your calendars folks, this is the June race to
run!!!

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive