fot

Re: [Fot] crankcase vent catch can

To: 'FOT List Triumph' <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] crankcase vent catch can
From: Yellow04 <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 06:54:08 -0400
References: <662415019.1017734.1436455396345.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com> <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAACxbEgK3O79MiqnuYcYqj9HCgAAAEAAAAPXGnayEZLRKkRjmQRsmk9IBAAAAAA==@netspace.net.au> <CALCydYrMuDwPYrq-qT+=V9LcVENBbaY+R08RmrqjCMtas1c1MQ@mail.gmail.com> <016a3467-7160-4484-9626-6604dfea4815@tr4racer.com> <CALCydYr9LH5a4N=wyZFJOM_JR4dZxuM4DvyZ83RiOxZqXYs8hg@mail.gmail.com> <CALCydYojKg-UixNcLUbb8skidLYGceWB9bGadHXANO-w5m2VgA@mail.gmail.com>
Jason, if your system is working, is there any value in changing it? It sounds
like your setup could be better described as an oil recovery system, and it
works so well the actual dump can never gets anything in it! I have seen a
bunch of cars run through tech with similar systems.

I admit I am at the beginning of the learning curve on Triumph 6 cylinder
engines. I plumbed the TR250 racer the same as my TR4, and after plodding
around the track for two race weekends, so far so good.

On my old TR4 racer, the catch can was plumbed with two lines. One from the
rocker cover, the other from a bung welded to the fuel pump  blanking plate.
The catch can was custom built, a steel box that fit really nicely on the shelf
above the old pedal box. I always thought the issue was the catch can was so
big and so far away from the engine, the can never really heated up, and the
moisture was condensation. Before I figured out sealing head gaskets, that
catch can saw a lot of use!

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive