fot

Re: [Fot] Towing (New F-150)

To: russell.pierce@lpl.com, dlhogye@comcast.net, johnstydo@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Towing (New F-150)
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:18:50 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Full-name: BillDentin
--===============5337947838556815408==

--part1_4a2ab.3abc3762.42e7de1a_boundary

Amici...

The last decade or so that I raced, I towed my twenty foot Pace America box
trailer, using a one ton Chevrolet cargo van, which has a 6.5 diesel
engine.  I loved using the big cargo van, because it offered lots, and lots of
storage options.  I never used it for sleeping, but you sure could do so.  A
short suit was that diesel engine was the one Chevy converted from a gasoline
engine (NOT Chevy's finest hour).

But I bring it up because Russell mentioned the difference he experienced
when towing a box trailer.  One thing we did was buy an air deflector that
sat up on the roof of the van, and deflected air over the box trailer.  That
made a measurable difference in gas mileage (10% +/-).  That was not an
expensive after market item, and might be worth looking into for those using a
suburban or a van type vehicle to tow box trailers down the road.

Bill Dentinger

--part1_4a2ab.3abc3762.42e7de1a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D2=
 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Amici...<BR>
<BR>
The last decade or so that I raced, I towed my twenty foot Pace America bo=
x trailer, using a one ton Chevrolet cargo van, which has a 6.5 diesel eng=
ine.&nbsp; I loved using the big cargo van, because it offered lots, and=
 lots of storage options.&nbsp; I never used it for sleeping, but you sure=
 could do so.&nbsp; A short suit was that diesel engine was the one Chevy=
 converted from a gasoline engine (NOT Chevy's finest hour).<BR>
<BR>
But I bring it up because Russell mentioned the difference he experienced=
 when towing a box trailer.&nbsp; One thing we did was buy an air deflecto=
r that sat up on the roof of the van, and deflected air over the box trail=
er.&nbsp; That made a measurable difference in gas mileage (10% +/-).&nbsp=
; That was not an expensive after market item, and might be worth looking=
 into for those using a suburban or a van type vehicle to tow box trailers=
 down the road.<BR>
<BR>
Bill Dentinger</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BA=
CKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D=
"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com