fot

[Fot] Rotor runout

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Rotor runout
From: Greg And Alison Blake <ablake2@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 17:43:21 -0500
My pads were pulsing pretty bad at the last race so I had the rotors turned at
a shop I trust.

Upon reinstall today I found that I had 0.010" of runout on the passenger side
rotor. I repacked the bearings and I use the spacer kit which was setup with
about 0.0005" of play. I was curious so I measured the runout on the uncle jack
hub wheel flange and was surprised to find 0.003" of runout in the hub.

On the driver's side, rotor was 0.003 and hub wheel flange was 0.0005".

Did my shop just do a horrible job turning the one rotor?  What kind of runout
is spec for the uncle jack hubs?  Is it possible that a wheel bearing race has
gone wonky on the passenger side hub to cause the whole hub assemble to have
the runout?

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive