fot

Re: [Fot] Rotor runout

To: ablake2@austin.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rotor runout
From: fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 08:36:23 -0400

------=_Part_266920_1189156857.1442147783858

I try to keep it below .005, .002-3 is fine, when it gets much over .010 you'll
start to get some pedal bounce.
Most of the problems are poor setup when they are machined.
Measure inside & outside runout of the disc, thickness, and hub flange runout
to determine what's wankered. Sometimes it's a combination and you can minimize
it by re-orienting the disc relative to the hub, ie different bolt holes.
As Scott said, new rotors are cheap but also consider that if the brakes are at
the limit, these rotors will likely require frequent replacement, they don't
hold up well at the extreme with agressive pads, in my experience.
I try to use Brembo if available.
Glen