fot

Re: [Fot] Wrap-Up News from Blackhawk Farms

To: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>, Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wrap-Up News from Blackhawk Farms
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:46:58 -0400
This message is in MIME format.

--===============0271387140685406984==
        boundary="=_3xbppu5d7ap"

This message is in MIME format.

--=_3xbppu5d7ap
        charset=UTF-8;
        format="flowed"

Congratulations Tony, another great drive.
=C2=A0
John

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:15:09 -0500, Jason Ostrowski  wrote:

       Well, the blunt fact is that The Loooong race took a toll on all
our Triumphs.
Leaving us all jealous was of the only one left standing at the end.
King of the weekend was Tony Drews...
With the car that wears a bulletproof vest to the track every damn weekend.
=C2=A0
Going into the start of the endurance test it seemed a long awaited
beating was in store for him.
Of the 35 or so cars set to perform,
I was happy to qualify as top Triumph.=C2=A0
8th spot.
Starting next to me=C2=A0on driver's=C2=A0right was my Barracuda Brother in=

7th. (we qualified both with our best-ever times at Blackhawk with a
mere fraction of .3 seconds between us)
=C2=A0
Behind, with a nice cushion in between (for us anyway)=C2=A0was Sean
Alexander starting 12th.
And the solid bright-red brick of Mr. Drews back in 14th: with a good
view of his eventual, falling off the table=C2=A0pick-offs.
=C2=A0
It would soon appear that the astounding=C2=A0speed and hope and the glory
of a really fast GT6+ is nothing at the finish with bird leg fragility.
I got a great start and=C2=A0had the Barracuda in tow.
By the end of lap one, I had moved up to flirt with=C2=A0the top 5.
Brian passed me and I was cool to pester him from behind.
=C2=A0
That's like watching=C2=A0screaming=C2=A0children being tossed between the
coachwork=C2=A0panels of=C2=A0a Bus as=C2=A0the driver=C2=A0floors it throu=
gh=C2=A0a
parking lot autocross track.
Our David and Goliath battle lasted all too briefly as my differential
exploded inside its case and I was out..
Shortly after, the Cuda was also out with a broken water pump and a
shredded belt.
=C2=A0
Somewhere in the meantime, Scott Barr managed to scrape the side of his
car along the asphalt in a, rather lucky to not completely roll over,
shearing of the axle.=C2=A0He found out with early=C2=A0Halloween horror th=
at
the car cannot go through the carousel with only 3 wheels.=C2=A0
=C2=A0
The first 40 minute segment ended and it seemed that Sean may have his
chance to take the pot.
Due to typical attrition, by this time the field was less than half of
the original starters.
Sean, Tony,=C2=A0and still hanging in there...Glade Snodgrass; were the
Triumphs that remained for the race to the Checkered.
In front for most of the race=C2=A0was Alexander.
But not at the end.
A broken transmission... gear chipped away his hope of beating the big guy.
=C2=A0
Tony was the only Triumph left at the flag fall.
Again=C2=A0he walks his car back to Moline as the=C2=A0Top Dog of the seaso=
for our group of Midwest FOT Heroes.
=C2=A0
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0

-------------------------

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/rjl@gt-classics.com

--
Thanks,
John

rjl@gt-classics.com
=C2=A0

--=_3xbppu5d7ap
        boundary="=_3e2y83azjg36";
        start="3e40i9tj29f6@webmail.lumos.net"

This message is in MIME format.

--=_3e2y83azjg36
        charset=UTF-8

<head>
ta-hsystem=3D"true"></head>

&lt;jason@multivintage.com&gt; wrote:</p>
padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px;">
Triumphs.</div>
div>
weekend.</div>
ating
was in store for him.</div>
er in 7th.
(we qualified both with our best-ever times at Blackhawk with a mere fracti=
on of
.3 seconds between us)</div>
lexander
starting 12th.</div>
view
of his eventual, falling off the table=C2=A0pick-offs.</div>
lory of a
really fast GT6+ is nothing at the finish with bird leg fragility.</div>
iv>
 the
coachwork=C2=A0panels of=C2=A0a Bus as=C2=A0the driver=C2=A0floors it throu=
gh=C2=A0a parking lot
autocross track.</div>
exploded inside its case and I was out..</div>
shredded belt.</div>
s car
along the asphalt in a, rather lucky to not completely roll over, shearing =
of
the axle.=C2=A0He found out with early=C2=A0Halloween horror that the car c=
annot go
through the carousel with only 3 wheels.=C2=A0</div>
chance to take the pot.</div>
 the
original starters.</div>
Triumphs that remained for the race to the Checkered.</div>
guy.</div>
season for
our group of Midwest FOT Heroes.</div>
fot@autox.team.net<br><br><a href=3D"../hwebmail/services/go.php?url=3Dhttp=
%3A%2F%2Fwww.fot-racing.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a=
Fwww.team.net%2Fdonate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.h=
tml</a><br> Archive: <a href=3D"../hwebmail/services/go.php?url=3Dhttp%3A%2=
F%2Fwww.team.net%2Farchive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</=
a><br> Forums: <a href=3D"../hwebmail/services/go.php?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fww=
w.team.net%2Fforums" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br> U=
nsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"../hwebmail/services/go.php?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%=
2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ffot%2Frjl%40gt-classics.com" target=
=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/rjl@gt-classics.com</=
a><br><br>

--=_3e2y83azjg36--

--=_3xbppu5d7ap--