fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 TR6 quick rack

To: Tony Sheach <tony.sheach@live.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 TR6 quick rack
From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:16:20 -0800
Cc: "<fot@autox.team.net>" <fot@autox.team.net>

--047d7bdc12ea5b313f0524455126

Unfortunately for us in US, it appears the TR Enterprises rack is for right
hand drive only.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Tony Sheach <tony.sheach@live.co.uk> wrote:

> All the racks sold by MOSS are made in Argentina - the only rack produced
> in the UK for the TR is made for TR Enterprises and has a solid billet
> casing, so instantly recognisable.
>
> Putting the Argentinian rack in a bag with a sticker that says 'product of
> the U.K.' Is surely just a dodge to mask the source and to hoodwink people
> into thinking that it's a different product. That's simply scandalous.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 10 Nov 2015, at 21:26, Jack Mc <LimeyV8@aol.com> wrote:
>
> The quick rack I bought had a sticker on the bag that said "product of the
> U.K."
> AND
> a sticker on the rack that said "Made in Argentina"
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Nov 9, 2015, at 3:24 PM, Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley <
> triosan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tony,
> Who si the source for the UK made rack?
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Tony Sheach <tony.sheach@live.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Charly
>>
>> There were a large number of failures of these racks in the UK on both
>> road and competition cars. For MOSS to say that there was only one is
>> simply untrue.
>>
>> I personally had TWO failures of brand new racks about 18 months apart.
>> Both of these failures involved the pinion housing separating from the rack
>> tube at high speed in very dangerous circumstances.
>>
>> I would NOT recommend the use of a MOSS rack to anyone, whether for road
>> or competition use because the manufacturing quality is poor and the
>> material quality is similarly inadequate. The information that I was given
>> at a meeting face to face with MOSS in london have me the impression that
>> some testing had been done, but the solution to the problem really had not
>> been found (ie do the job properly).
>>
>> I now use a custom made rack which has a single piece pinion housing and
>> rack tube made from billet aluminium. These are being made in the UK. I
>> will never use a steering rack supplied by MOSS again.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tony
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On 9 Nov 2015, at 07:04, Charly <charly@mitchelplumbing.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Friends,
>> >
>> > I have a friend wanting to buy a quick steering rack for his TR4A.  I
>> told him there was a problem with them, but I thought it was resolved.  I
>> searched the archives
>> > and could find anything about it.  Does someone in the group know the
>> outcome of the problems that were brought to Moss on these quick racks?
>> > Thanks,
>> > Charly Mitchel
>> > Tr6 #44

>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tr4.tony@virgin.net

--047d7bdc12ea5b313f0524455126

serif;font-size:small">Unfortunately for us in US, it appears the TR Enterp=
rises rack is for right hand drive only.</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_ext=
ra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Tony Sh=
each <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tony.sheach@live.co.uk"; target=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pa=
dding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto"><div>All the racks sold by MOSS are made =
in Argentina - the only rack produced in the UK for the TR is made for TR E=
nterprises and has a solid billet casing, so instantly recognisable.</div><=
t says &#39;product of the U.K.&#39; Is surely just a dodge to mask the sou=
rce and to hoodwink people into thinking that it&#39;s a different product.=
div><br>On 10 Nov 2015, at 21:26, Jack Mc &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:LimeyV8@aol=
iv>The quick rack I bought had a sticker on the bag that said &quot;product=
On Nov 9, 2015, at 3:24 PM, Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:triosan@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">triosan@gmail.com</a>&gt; w=
ss=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:georgia,serif;font-size:small">To=
ny,</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:georgia,serif;fo=
nt-size:small">Who si the source for the UK made rack?</div></div><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 11:=
49 AM, Tony Sheach <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tony.sheach@live=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Charly<br>
There were a large number of failures of these racks in the UK on both road=
 and competition cars. For MOSS to say that there was only one is simply un=
true.<br>
I personally had TWO failures of brand new racks about 18 months apart. Bot=
h of these failures involved the pinion housing separating from the rack tu=
be at high speed in very dangerous circumstances.<br>
I would NOT recommend the use of a MOSS rack to anyone, whether for road or=
 competition use because the manufacturing quality is poor and the material=
 quality is similarly inadequate. The information that I was given at a mee=
ting face to face with MOSS in london have me the impression that some test=
ing had been done, but the solution to the problem really had not been foun=
d (ie do the job properly).<br>
I now use a custom made rack which has a single piece pinion housing and ra=
ck tube made from billet aluminium. These are being made in the UK. I will =
never use a steering rack supplied by MOSS again.<br>
Regards<br>
Tony<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; On 9 Nov 2015, at 07:04, Charly &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:charly@mitchelpl=
umbing.com" target=3D"_blank">charly@mitchelplumbing.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Friends,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have a friend wanting to buy a quick steering rack for his TR4A.=C2=
=A0 I told him there was a problem with them, but I thought it was resolved=
.=C2=A0 I searched the archives<br>
&gt; and could find anything about it.=C2=A0 Does someone in the group know=
 the outcome of the problems that were brought to Moss on these quick racks=
?<br>
&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt; Charly Mitchel<br>
&gt; Tr6 #44<br>