fot

[Fot] Liner Protrusion, TR-4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Liner Protrusion, TR-4
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 20:12:57 -0600
Quick question re: liner protrusion in a wet liner engine.  My new
liners dry fitted with "stock" figure 8 gaskets (0.020" thick) have
0.010" protrusion.  Too much, I know.  So, I'm going to make my own
fig 8 gaskets out of shim stock.  I have my choice between 0.015"
shim stock and 0.012" shim stock which would give either 0.005" or
0.002" protrusion dry.  Any thoughts on which way I should go?  I'm
assuming that when I put some goo on the fig 8 gaskets to ensure that
they seal that I'll get another thou or two protrusion so would go
with the 0.012" shim / 0.002" protrusion.

I'll be running the Cometic gasket with the fire rings.

TIA

Cheers, Tony Drews

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com