fot

[Fot] AUTOWEEK March 7th edition...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] AUTOWEEK March 7th edition...
From: billdentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 13:27:34 -0500

------=_Part_73397_1792616536.1457202454342

Amici...

I am a long time subscriber to AUTOWEEK.  I always read the weekly competition
section, and then I quickly scan most of the rest of each issue.  That quick
scan has gotten even quicker recently as I think AUTOWEEK too is suffering with
transition issues, not unlike those of the Peter Egan-less ROAD & TRACK.

Anyway, the current (March 7th) edition is really different with a bunch of
hands on, DIY articles.  Some good articles, including one by Jay Leno about
finding knowledgeable parts sales people.  Jay knows his onions, and that's no
surprise.  Another interesting article is about a 94 year old Kustom Kar
builder of the George Barris ilk.  In fact his shop is right down the street
from George Barris's old place.  The guys still goes to work every day, and
says he will until the day he dies.  Still works with lead (for God's sake).
Not an engineer.  He does not work from drawings.  But building custom
convertible top mechanisims is a specialty he is known for.  He is mentoring a
grandson in what's becoming a lost art.

Like I say...an interesting edition of AUTOWEEK.

Bill Dentinger

------=_Part_73397_1792616536.1457202454342

weekly competition section, and then I quickly scan most of the rest of each
issue.&nbsp; That quick scan has gotten even quicker recently as I think
AUTOWEEK too is suffering with transition issues, not unlike those of
the&nbsp;Peter Egan-less ROAD &amp; TRACK.</div>

of hands on, DIY articles.&nbsp; Some good articles, including one by Jay Leno
about finding knowledgeable parts sales people.&nbsp; Jay knows his onions, and
that's no surprise.&nbsp; Another interesting article is about a 94 year old
Kustom Kar builder of the George Barris ilk.&nbsp; In fact his shop is right
down the street from George Barris's old place.&nbsp; The guys still goes to
work every day, and says he will until the day he dies.&nbsp; Still works with
lead (for God's sake).&nbsp; Not an engineer.&nbsp; He does not work from
drawings.&nbsp; But building&nbsp;custom convertible top&nbsp;mechanisims is a
specialty he is known for.&nbsp; He&nbsp;is mentoring a grandson in what's
becoming a lost art.</div>

------=_Part_73397_1792616536.1457202454342--

--===============3526258209525782994==

fot@autox.team.net