fot

Re: [Fot] Brakes

To: McKearn McKearn <mckearn2@gmail.com>,FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brakes
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> mail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:37:11 -0500
Certainly the issue is the front calipers not
releasing properly, getting hot and boiling the brake fluid.

If the master cylinder isn't fully released, it
will keep pressure on the caliper.  I had a
rubber brake link in my Miata collapse internally
and cause this issue for a single caliper.

I can't help you with the cause of the sticking,
but certainly it sounds like the master cylinder
didn't fully release either due to an internal issue or a linkage issue.

Regards, Tony Drews