fot

Re: [Fot] Diff Fluid Level

To: biznzman@pacbell.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Diff Fluid Level
From: billdentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 11:45:56 -0400

------=_Part_38030_1527723009.1471275956283

Steven...

We may had been over filling our diff, and we had gear oil splashing like crazy
out from the diff.  The rear underside of the car looked terrible after an
event.  Jack Wheeler taught us to use some custom plastic (PVC?) washers around
the shafts.  They were not seals, as such, but did discourage the splashing by
a good 90% (+/-).  After we started using them, the underside of the car was
much cleaner after an event.  Not difficult to make.  Wheeler said that it was
Hardy Prentice who tipped him off to the practice.

Bill Dentinger