fot

Re: [Fot] Midwest Triumph News Update With Grattan Magic

To: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Midwest Triumph News Update With Grattan Magic
From: John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 01:14:03 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Good Lord...I feel like I was there!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 24, 2016, at 5:50 PM, "Jason Ostrowski" <jason@multivintage.com> wrote:
>
> Prelude to Grattan:
> Since My last post (which left us with a broken Hub kit after the Hawk at
> Road America)...Great strides were made in August for our Friendly Ghost
> Racing GT6 program.
> The timeline for getting the new hub made for our #69 Zippy GT6+ didn't seem
> reasonable to get the car ready for the Midwest Summer Party at Grattan
> Raceway near Grand Rapids Michigan.
> A Beady-Eyed Favorite event for some 3 decades...
> This Grattan venue has a powerful Hook.
> Bringing the best of track, party, and competition to a weeping willow, sand
> and lake-littered spot that is almost too fantastic for the Triumph Faithfull.
> The magic that happens in the mind when your Triumph runs well at Grattan
> fills you up with the inner smile of personal victory that we all strive for
> in this game.
> Somehow the track is both calm and punishing;
> It has a flow when driven well that locks beautiful visual reference in your
> brain.
> A magical freeze frame in your mind that exists inside you as pure reason for
> the racing disease to run in blood.
> Grattan is hard to beat.
> So every year in August I get the bug bad and prepare my car well.
> The summer-long hope is to reap the reward of mental championship found by
> doing well on the asphalt through this swamp.
> The track's fine blind plunges and sightless climbs make a month of sweat-
> drenched race prep a small price to pay.
> So sweat I Did...
> To bring my Yellow car out of a two-year slumber was a rather ambitious
> undertaking even by Friendly Ghost Racing standards of insanity.
> Forever done with the factory transmission's set-up for disappointment: we
> pushed the program for drive train upgrade; up to...immediately.
> The decision to make the inevitable conversion to our solid solution for gear
> drive success (that we have perfected in our British Racing Green "Zippy"
> GT6+) would have to be used for the first time in our slightly more period
> correct yellow car....if we were to show up with any faith in our machine.
> From a roller with no motor, trans, drive shaft, or rear end...
> To a finished prime example of GT6 manhood in 30 days?
> The yellow car, a 6 million dollar automotive man?
> Could it be?... and how did they do it??
> Logic and common sense would say it should be Nothing short of impossible;
> especially on my budget.
> But, fueled by bushel baskets of now empty imported beer cans.
> The nights went by; one by one.
> For starters, I rebuilt a totally unknown spare motor. This motor has sat on
> a shelf for some 20+ years (It came with my yellow car when I bought it) and
> since essentially "free" was the keyword; I figured it as the best choice to
> be used with the new aspects of our development.
> The downside:
> [...]
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent by a
law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is confidential,
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part
of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission.
There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including
the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you
for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency.
We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive