fot

Re: [Fot] variation in Timken carrier bearing width?

To: hpspitfire@gmail.com, jsukey@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] variation in Timken carrier bearing width?
From: fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:40:42 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

------=_Part_4813_1345054569.1475250042187

This confirms some of the scuttlebutt I've heard, fake bearings, but I can't
say that I've run across suspect Timkens... yet.
I was told by a Timken supplier that some of them are made in ??? nowadays but
he didn't elaborate.
I have also noticed that the races on some appear to be pretty soft, they
deform easily with a mild steel drift.
Glen