fot

[Fot] That Looong Race 2016

To: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] That Looong Race 2016
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 01:25:53 -0500

--001a113d30103e6cd6053f5a1dc5

Well, once again the Alpine winds of the Midwest threaten to start their
blow about this time of year.
We have one last chance to prove our Triumph worthiness among a field of
cars that also think their Marque is the greatest production car of its
time.
This event is historically rich in Triumph excellence and defeat.
The 46th running should tell a Triumph tale of our region.
Entry list for the dual 25 lap races (100 miles total) is somewhat
low on the open book end...
For the vintage race, only Sean Alexander (TR4), myself (GT6+) and newcomer
Alex Amys (GT6+) are entered.
And my bet is already on my faithful teammate Brian Garcia in his 1967
Plymouth Baracuda .
Then there is Glade Snodgrass racing his hit or miss Spitfire in FP racing
the 50 lapper.
Scott Barr will be out in his Spec Racer Ford.
I was surprised to see no Tony Drews signed up to play.
but Rumor has it that another big man won't be a no show.
Bill Detinger is flying in from sin city just to see our show.
Of course it'd really more about his mini Beady Eyed loved ones going trick
or treating and hitting the track for the big wheel race.
I suppose its anyone's game.
Sean has been strong and consistent all year, I'm running a back up motor
in my yellow car; and the young Alex Amys has built a real looker of a GT6.
Alex came out to Road America this fall and it was a real treat to see his
fresh GT6.
He and his dad David have done a wonderful job so far,
Their spectacular white #84 GT6; gets a high grade cosmetically and is top
notch from an engineering standpoint.
I hope to show them what a little patina is worth.
As for Sean, I'm not sure if my old #27 has enough meat on it's bones to
take the top.
Anyway, if you are into Triumphs; can't exactly skip a flat stone in the
ocean, and are not racing this weekend yourself...
It seems the only reasonable that you head to Blackhawk Farms right now.
Beacause=
A) My awesome daughter Naomi is going for a "3 peat" win in the big wheel
race.
B) Damndinger rented a garage just to host a wine and cheese party.
C) Some goon is racing a Plymouth Barracuda.
D) Scott Barr is bringing a Magnesium wheel to "White Light" burn on the
Friendly Ghost Racing Bon Fire.
(yes this is the race where we get really crazy and burn truckloads of wood
and stuffed animals and light up the sky burning all kinds of nutty melting
shit).
E) The legendary Glade Snodgrass will be racing a spitfire that could
explode at any minute.
F) Joe Alexander needs to measure the size of your valve cover for his next
Gasket Innovation.
G) Perhaps a young and Fresh GT6 builder gets corrupted by a bunch of Mad
GT6 hooligans in turn 2. (Yes David and Alex that is an invitation to
paddock near us in the scary side of the track; out in the woods by turn 2)
if you dare.
H) We party and burn stuff on Saturday... and Race on Sunday.
 I) What happens at the Looong Race stays at the Looong Race.
X) Yep, this is the big one.

If you can't make it, just look up into the Midwestern sky at about 8 pm
central time on Saturday night. The orange light you see is our epic
campfire... a symbol of Triumphs Burning everywhere.
Godspeed.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars

--001a113d30103e6cd6053f5a1dc5

aten to start their blow about this time of year.</div><div>We have one las=
t chance to prove our Triumph worthiness among a field of cars that also th=
ink their Marque is the greatest production car of its time.</div><div>This=
 event is historically rich in=C2=A0Triumph excellence and defeat.</div><di=
v>The 46th running should tell a Triumph tale of=C2=A0our region.</div><div=
>Entry list=C2=A0for the dual=C2=A025 lap=C2=A0races (100 miles total) is=
=C2=A0somewhat low=C2=A0on=C2=A0the open book end...</div><div>For the vint=
age race, only Sean=C2=A0Alexander (TR4), myself (GT6+) and newcomer Alex A=
mys (GT6+) are entered.</div><div>And my bet is already on my faithful=C2=
=A0teammate Brian Garcia in his 1967 Plymouth Baracuda .</div><div>Then the=
re is Glade Snodgrass racing his hit or miss=C2=A0Spitfire in FP racing the=
div>I=C2=A0was surprised to see no Tony Drews=C2=A0signed up to play.</div>=
.</div><div>Bill Detinger is flying in from sin city just to see our show.<=
/div><div>Of course it&#39;d really more about his=C2=A0mini Beady Eyed lov=
ed ones=C2=A0going trick or treating and hitting the track=C2=A0for the big=
been strong and consistent all year, I&#39;m running a back up motor in my =
yellow car; and the young Alex Amys=C2=A0has built=C2=A0a real looker of a =
GT6.</div><div>Alex came out to Road America this fall and it was a real=C2=
=A0treat to see his fresh GT6.</div><div>He and his dad David have done a w=
onderful job so=C2=A0far, </div><div>Their spectacular white #84 GT6; gets =
a high grade cosmetically and is top notch from an engineering standpoint.=
iv>As for Sean, I&#39;m not sure if my old #27 has enough meat on it&#39;s =
bones to take the top.</div><div>Anyway, if you are into Triumphs; can&#39;=
t exactly skip a=C2=A0flat stone in the ocean,=C2=A0and are not racing this=
 weekend yourself...</div><div>It seems the only reasonable that you head t=
daughter Naomi is going for a &quot;3 peat&quot; win in the big wheel race.=
tt Barr is bringing a Magnesium wheel to &quot;White Light&quot; burn on th=
e Friendly Ghost Racing Bon Fire.</div><div>(yes this is the race where we =
get really crazy and burn truckloads of wood and stuffed animals and light =
up the sky burning all kinds of nutty=C2=A0melting shit).</div><div>E) The =
legendary Glade Snodgrass will be racing a spitfire that could explode at a=
ny minute.</div><div>F) Joe Alexander needs to measure the size of your val=
ve cover for his next Gasket Innovation.</div><div>G)=C2=A0Perhaps a young =
and Fresh GT6 builder gets corrupted by a bunch of Mad GT6 hooligans in tur=
n 2. (Yes David and Alex that is an invitation to paddock near us in the sc=
ary side of the track; out in the woods by turn 2) if you dare.</div><div>H=
) We party and burn stuff on=C2=A0Saturday... and=C2=A0Race on Sunday.</div=
9;t make it, just look up into the Midwestern sky at about 8 pm central tim=
e=C2=A0on Saturday night. The orange light you see is our=C2=A0epic campfir=
e...=C2=A0a symbol of Triumphs Burning everywhere.</div><div>Godspeed.</div=

--001a113d30103e6cd6053f5a1dc5--

--===============5586669372739651170==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com