fot

Re: [Fot] That Looong Race 2016

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] That Looong Race 2016
From: Robert Deanes <rfdeanes@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 12:55:35 -0400
Cc: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>

--001a113dc6503e55cc053f62e9b5

you guys have a good time , wish I could make it to learn the track, my
wife has me going to the Savannah Speed Classics for our 30th
anniversary...so I can't complain about wanting to be somewhere else !   or
else the dragon lady may appear!

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> but Rumor has it that=C3=82 another=C3=82 big man won't be a no show.
>> Bill Detinger is flying in from sin city just to see our show.
>> Of course it'd really more about his=C3=82 mini Beady Eyed loved ones=C3=
=82 going
>> trick or treating and hitting the track=C3=82 for the big wheel race.
>> I suppose its anyone's game.
>> Sean has been strong and consistent all year, I'm running a back up moto=
>> in my yellow car; and the young Alex Amys=C3=82 has built=C3=82 a real l=
ooker of a
>> GT6.
>> Alex came out to Road America this fall and it was a real=C3=82 treat to=
 see
>> his fresh GT6.
>> He and his dad David have done a wonderful job so=C3=82 far,
>> Their spectacular white #84 GT6; gets a high grade cosmetically and is
>> top notch from an engineering standpoint.=C3=82
>> I hope to show them what a little patina is worth.
>> As for Sean, I'm not sure if my old #27 has enough meat on it's bones to
>> take the top.
>> Anyway, if you are into Triumphs; can't exactly skip a=C3=82 flat stone =
in the
>> ocean,=C3=82 and are not racing this weekend yourself...
>> It seems the only reasonable that you head to Blackhawk Farms right now.
>> Beacause=3D
>> A) My awesome daughter Naomi is going for a "3 peat" win in the big whee=
>> race.
>> B) Damndinger rented a garage just to host a wine and cheese party.
>> C) Some goon is racing a Plymouth Barracuda.
>> D) Scott Barr is bringing a Magnesium wheel to "White Light" burn on the
>> Friendly Ghost Racing Bon Fire.
>> (yes this is the race where we get really crazy and burn truckloads of
>> wood and stuffed animals and light up the sky burning all kinds of nutty=
=C3=82
>> melting shit).
>> E) The legendary Glade Snodgrass will be racing a spitfire that could
>> explode at any minute.
>> F) Joe Alexander needs to measure the size of your valve cover for his
>> next Gasket Innovation.
>> G)=C3=82 Perhaps a young and Fresh GT6 builder gets corrupted by a bunch=
 of
>> Mad GT6 hooligans in turn 2. (Yes David and Alex that is an invitation t=
>> paddock near us in the scary side of the track; out in the woods by turn=
 2)
>> if you dare.
>> H) We party and burn stuff on=C3=82 Saturday... and=C3=82 Race on Sunday=
.
>> =C3=82 I) What happens at the Looong Race stays at the Looong Race.
>> X) Yep, this is the big one.
>>
>> If you can't make it, just look up into the Midwestern sky at about 8 pm
>> central time=C3=82 on Saturday night. The orange light you see is our=C3=
=82 epic
>> campfire...=C3=82 a symbol of Triumphs Burning everywhere.

--=20
rob deanes
TR Racer

--001a113dc6503e55cc053f62e9b5

the track, my wife has me going to the Savannah Speed Classics for our 30th=
 anniversary...so I can&#39;t complain about wanting to be somewhere else !=
=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 11:=
55 AM, Tony Drews <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tony@tonydrews.co=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol=
id;padding-left:1ex">I did send in an entry, but did the old fashioned snai=
l mail and didn&#39;t end up on the electronic list.=C2=A0 I&#39;ll be in a=
 garage next to Bill Damdinger.<br>
Game on!<br>
Tony Drews<span class=3D""><br>
At 01:25 AM 10/21/2016, Jason Ostrowski wrote:<br>
left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><span class=3D"">
Well, once again the Alpine winds of the Midwest threaten to start their bl=
ow about this time of year.<br>
We have one last chance to prove our Triumph worthiness among a field of ca=
rs that also think their Marque is the greatest production car of its time.=
This event is historically rich in=C3=82 Triumph excellence and defeat.<br>
The 46th running should tell a Triumph tale of=C3=82 our region.<br>
Entry list=C3=82 for the dual=C3=82 25 lap=C3=82 races (100 miles total) is=
=C3=82 somewhat low=C3=82 on=C3=82 the open book end...<br>
For the vintage race, only Sean=C3=82 Alexander (TR4), myself (GT6+) and ne=
wcomer Alex Amys (GT6+) are entered.<br>
And my bet is already on my faithful=C3=82 teammate Brian Garcia in his 196=
7 Plymouth Baracuda .<br>
Then there is Glade Snodgrass racing his hit or miss=C3=82 Spitfire in FP r=
acing the 50 lapper.<span class=3D""><br>
Scott Barr will be out in his Spec Racer Ford.<br></span>
I=C3=82 was surprised to see no Tony Drews=C3=82 signed up to play.<br>
but Rumor has it that=C3=82 another=C3=82 big man won&#39;t be a no show.<s=
pan class=3D""><br>
Bill Detinger is flying in from sin city just to see our show.<br></span>
Of course it&#39;d really more about his=C3=82 mini Beady Eyed loved ones=
=C3=82 going trick or treating and hitting the track=C3=82 for the big whee=
l race.<span class=3D""><br>
I suppose its anyone&#39;s game.<br></span>
Sean has been strong and consistent all year, I&#39;m running a back up mot=
or in my yellow car; and the young Alex Amys=C3=82 has built=C3=82 a real l=
ooker of a GT6.<br>
Alex came out to Road America this fall and it was a real=C3=82 treat to se=
e his fresh GT6.<br>
He and his dad David have done a wonderful job so=C3=82 far,<br>
Their spectacular white #84 GT6; gets a high grade cosmetically and is top =
notch from an engineering standpoint.=C3=82<span class=3D""><br>
I hope to show them what a little patina is worth.<br>
As for Sean, I&#39;m not sure if my old #27 has enough meat on it&#39;s bon=
es to take the top.<br></span>
Anyway, if you are into Triumphs; can&#39;t exactly skip a=C3=82 flat stone=
 in the ocean,=C3=82 and are not racing this weekend yourself...<span class=
=3D""><br>
It seems the only reasonable that you head to Blackhawk Farms right now.<br=

Beacause=3D<br>
A) My awesome daughter Naomi is going for a &quot;3 peat&quot; win in the b=
ig wheel race.<br>
B) Damndinger rented a garage just to host a wine and cheese party.<br>
C) Some goon is racing a Plymouth Barracuda.<br>
D) Scott Barr is bringing a Magnesium wheel to &quot;White Light&quot; burn=
 on the Friendly Ghost Racing Bon Fire.<br></span>
(yes this is the race where we get really crazy and burn truckloads of wood=
 and stuffed animals and light up the sky burning all kinds of nutty=C3=82 =
melting shit).<span class=3D""><br>
E) The legendary Glade Snodgrass will be racing a spitfire that could explo=
de at any minute.<br>
F) Joe Alexander needs to measure the size of your valve cover for his next=
 Gasket Innovation.<br></span>
G)=C3=82 Perhaps a young and Fresh GT6 builder gets corrupted by a bunch of=
 Mad GT6 hooligans in turn 2. (Yes David and Alex that is an invitation to =
paddock near us in the scary side of the track; out in the woods by turn 2)=
 if you dare.<br>
H) We party and burn stuff on=C3=82 Saturday... and=C3=82 Race on Sunday.<b=
r>
=C3=82 I) What happens at the Looong Race stays at the Looong Race.<span cl=
ass=3D""><br>
X) Yep, this is the big one.<br>
If you can&#39;t make it, just look up into the Midwestern sky at about 8 p=
m central time=C3=82 on Saturday night. The orange light you see is our=C3=
=82 epic campfire...=C3=82 a symbol of Triumphs Burning everywhere.<br>
Godspeed.<br>
Jason Ostrowski<br>
Friendly Ghost Racing=C3=82<br>
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars<br>
______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ny@tonydrews.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.ne=
______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
deanes@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.ne=
=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div>rob deanes</di=
v>

--001a113dc6503e55cc053f62e9b5--

--===============4668227100043424550==

fot@autox.team.net