fot

[Fot] TR4 Lemons race car project restarting

Subject: [Fot] TR4 Lemons race car project restarting
From: sjanzen at me.com (Scott Janzen)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 09:20:18 -0500
I also run a Tr4/6 box in my GT6.  As Andy says, you need the TR6 engine plate,
and probably an extended pilot bushing (mine extends out to the face of  the
GT6 flywheel).  Clutch splines are different so you may need to use a Tr4/6/7
clutch disk, or have one made.  Though it?s expensive, the gear ratio issue can
be addressed with a Moss Europe close ratio set, which greatly raises 1 and 2,
three slightly and leaves 4 unchanged.

TR6 slave cylinders mount forward/below, GT6 rearward/above - not sure how it
will fit in your car.  Modifications are needed to the shifter fork and shaft
to accept the tapered bolt from the reverse direction for the GT6
configuration, and a new bracket to hold the slave cylinder.

The TR6 box is bullet-proof compared to the GT6 box - do not consider going
that direction.

Timing chain/gear - I think they are interchangeable - look on the Wishbone
Classics website or call Scott Harper at Team Triumph or any other supplier.

I assume you are starting with the later GT6 engine - not the early narrow port
engine?  GT6+ should be the later/better one.