fot

[Fot] TR3/4 Rear Main Seal

Subject: [Fot] TR3/4 Rear Main Seal
From: jaboruch at netzero.net (Joe Boruch)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:02:42 GMT
It seems that I am not receiving all my emails.  I received this one, but did
not get all the others that were in this train.  I wish that we had a Cometic
MLS head gasket for race TR3/4s.  I contacted Cometic some time ago, but they
wanted a huge order before they would make them.  I have not tried them
recently.  I can make a steel shim head gasket work, but it takes a lot of
time.  I modern head gasket would make things much easier. Regarding the rear
seal, the old style uprated seal (scroll removed) has been good in my race car,
which I take well over 7000 rpm.  It is my street TR4 that has the problem.
The previous owner built the engine and the seal was a problem for him (I knew
about it when I bought the car).  Not sure what seal kit he used.  I need to
pull the engine and take it apart to see what is what.  Thanks.  Joe(B)