fot

[Fot] TR3/4 Rear Main Seal

Subject: [Fot] TR3/4 Rear Main Seal
From: jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com (Jack Wheeler)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:15:13 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Neil.? Since I retired from racing, I have built a couple of Triumph
engines, and am now working on an MGB engine.? On the first Triumph engine I
did, I used used the stock Triumph head gasket, with Gaskacinch sealant, which
I had used in the race car for 20 years or so.? Gaskacinca is an old regional
gasket cement found in the Midwest USA.? I had trouble getting it to seal, and
ended up with a combustion leak.? My machine shop guy recommended Cometic for
the head gasket, and Hylomar sealant.? So I tried that combination, and it
worked great.
I'm getting ready to use a Cometic head gasket on the MGB I am rebuilding, and
thought I would use Hylomar sealant.? Are you familiar with Cometic head
gaskets?? If so, what sealant would you recommend?? I have some Hylomar left
over from previous builds, but if you have something that is better, I'd like
to use that.? Do you ship to the US?? If so, how would I go about ordering your
Wellseal product?
Thanks for your help.
Jack Wheeler