fot

[Fot] SVRA at Amelia Island

Subject: [Fot] SVRA at Amelia Island
From: rick.parent at att.net (Rick Parent)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 14:57:21 +0000 (UTC)
Greetings Drivers,
I would personally like to invite you to our 2nd event at the Amelia Island
Airport. We are trying to recreate a race that was happening in the 60's, we
even have a couple drivers who actually ran the event with one using the very
same car. I really enjoyed the race last year, it is unique in the sense that
the weather was wonderful, plenty of great restaurants and hotels not to
mention the beach, and it was warm enough to sit in the sand which I did. The
Amelia Island Concours is the weekend before which should help when trying to
convince to the wife to get away from the cold for a week or so, oh yeah, there
is some great shopping for the checkbook holder as well (think bribery here).
As a side note this was the only event I have ever been to where on 2 separate
occasions wives came up to me and said they were really enjoying themselves,
nice. It is a small event and the spectators were great for the first year,
this year should be even better. We can certainly set up the traditional
Triumph Ghetto but we will have to whisper that though ;-). Yes it is an
Airport course but I didn't hear any complaints and in fact the 129 racers
really enjoyed themselves, some hay bales got trashed and we only had one solo
incident. So anyone who is sick of the cold here is your invitation to enjoy
Springtime in the middle of Winter with some great race car sounds, sights and
smells, I mean really, who doesn't like the smell of race gas in the Springtime.
2017 Amelia Island Vintage Gran Prix | SVRA

|   |
2017 Amelia Island Vintage Gran Prix | SVRA
 ? 2017 Amelia Island Vintage Gran Prix | Sportscar Vintage Racing Association
|   |

All the best!