fot

[Fot] saving a camshaft

Subject: [Fot] saving a camshaft
From: rkramer56 at gmail.com (Bob Kramer)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 09:58:31 -0500
I moved, had to change email address and I am no longer getting emails from
the list. So I am putting a question out there to see if it gets to the
list. If it does can you reply to me directly since I will not see any
answers otherwise. How do you get back on the list? I must have a bad email
address for Mark.

I have a barely broken in Larry Young cam and it looks like lifter #1
stopped spinning at some point, probably due to compromised oil. The engine
has less than an hour run time due to a probable cracked head.  I am going
to get the camshaft polished and then review its surface afterwards. It just
has some heat marking.  The lifter looks a little worse. I should probably
get a new lifter when I do this but I'm going to polish it and see as well.
It doesn't appear to have wear just heat marking.

Bob Kramer