fot

[Fot] Derek Sims / Howard SmithTriumph TR-4 IMSA 1971

Subject: [Fot] Derek Sims / Howard SmithTriumph TR-4 IMSA 1971
From: rkramer56 at gmail.com (rkramer56)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 21:19:17 -0500
Has anyone ever heard of the Howard Smith TR4 that raced in Danville 300? It
was the very first IMSA GT race held at VIR in April 1971? The car was numbered
as 67 as is my TR4. The other driver was a Derek Sims and I have found a
picture of him autocrossing his TR3. I dont think he is the owner because I
found another race with a Howard Smith ?TR4.
I am trying to fill in the gap from 1969 when a Robert Johnson ran it as the
same #67, which it raced the ARRC in 1967, and when Ott Jenson took it to
Pittsburg in 1974.?
Bob Kramer