fot

[Fot] piston/head clearance

Subject: [Fot] piston/head clearance
From: kaskastner at gmail.com (Kas Kastner)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:46:23 -0700
This is a very interesting subject.  In  the thousands of hours of dyno
testing I did in the 60's, the squish area clearance was never addressed
with exception of making certain the piston did not hit the head. Off hand,
when the clearance is too close it rather sounds like there is insufficient
volume in the squish at TDC to do its job of properly exciting the balance
of fuel mixture when it squirts back into the combustion chamber thus
making a better mixed and  thus more powerful combustion moment. Or maybe
something else :-)

*Never be beaten by equipment.*