fot

[Fot] Dowel pinning Spitfire crank/flywheel

Subject: [Fot] Dowel pinning Spitfire crank/flywheel
From: maddhatt69 at aol.com (Mathieu W. Huovinen)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 07:53:28 -0500
Friends,

Long time listener, first time posting. I pulled the 1500 out of my Spitfire
#80 and I am in the process of building a 1296. I am staying with my 1500
gearbox and clutch/flywheel so I am at the point of having the race shop
(Abacus) machine the bolt holes from 3/8 to 7/16....and the topic of an extra
or even three extra dowel pins machined into the flywheel came up. What is
everyone's thoughts or even the standard for this? I was thinking at least one
additional pin in addition the to the stock one. Thanks in advance!

Mathieu Huovinen
910-619-2952