fot

[Fot] Koni Bump Rubber and Rebuilding...

Subject: [Fot] Koni Bump Rubber and Rebuilding...
From: dlhogye at comcast.net (Dave)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 18:52:15 -0800
Hi Brad,
I did get your original message, excuse me for not writing then.
I don't thing there is any need for the bumpers or cover.  I removed them from
the Spax on my TR3.  It's a good idea to check the shock travel.  You can not
see the travel with the covers in place.
Put a zip tie on the shock shaft and make sure the shock doesn't bottom out.
It's good to know the suspension travel.  The zip tie on my shocks has been
pushed close to bottoming out.  The Spax bumper would be contacted and I might
never know it.  If the zip tie goes missing or gets damaged, you know there is
a problem with the shock bottoming and you can make an adjustment.   I added
spacers to extend the bottom shock mount for clearance.  You can check the
travel in your garage with the springs removed.  You might find enough
clearance to reinstall the bumpers.
Leave the zip tie in place for continued monitoring.

Dave H.

Sent from my iPad