fot

[Fot] Wilwood 570 brake fluid

Subject: [Fot] Wilwood 570 brake fluid
From: duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com (Duncan Charlton)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:19:40 -0600
You might see if you can find DOT 5.1.  It?s a non-silicone fluid that?s
compatible with DOT 3 and DOT 4 and has a higher boiling point.

The Ford racing teams a few decades ago were seen using DOT 3 fluid when other
teams were using DOT 4 fluids.  Turns out the Ford-label DOT 3 fluid required a
DOT 3 designation because of its lower wet boiling point ? but the dry boiling
point was higher than most DOT 4 fluids of the day.  Since they expected to
replace the fluid after every race, the wet boiling point didn?t matter.

How often are you replacing the Valvoline DOT 3/4 fluid?  If it?s been too long
it will be ?wet?, having absorbed atmospheric moisture, and this will cause it
to boil at a significantly lower temperature.

Duncan