fot

[Fot] Wilwood 570 brake fluid

Subject: [Fot] Wilwood 570 brake fluid
From: ofracer at gmail.com (Mike Harmuth)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:49:15 -0500
I just replaced my brake master cylinder (Girling) and the braided lines
attached to it. I've been using Valvoline DOT 3/4 fluid and it's worked out
OK but at one track (Thompson), I'm always over heating the fluid. I used
to use Wilwood 570 in my F440 car and thought I'd give it a try in the
Spitfire since it has a higher boiling point than the Valvoline.

My concern, probably from leaking seals in the past, was the difference
between US Spec DOT 3 (Wilwood) and English DOT 3 fluids. The DOT 4 seems
to be compatible, but at with lower boiling temperature than the specialty
fluid.

Has any one used the Wilwood with Triumph OEM grade brake parts?

thanks
mike